Monday, October 11, 2010

Brush Maintenance and Cleaning.

I am really nit picky when it comes to cleaning my brushes. I spot clean everyday and i use the extra virgin olive oil/anti bacterial soap combo every 3 days. My brushes feel great and they are free of bacteria and buildup. For years I used MAC Brush Cleaner only but finding this combo has been great..My brushes look brand new after I deep wash them this way.


The extra virgin olive oil/ anti bacterial dish washing soap actually came from one of Michelle Phan's videos.
I have about 20-25 MAC Brushes..some I have had for over 10 years. That is quality.Brushes are the most important investment to make when it comes to makeup application. I don't use all of them everyday but it is good to have different tools to achieve the effect you want. I also have some lower end brushes that work just as well so if you are on a budget I recommend ELF, Sigma, Crown and Eco Tools Brushes.

I use Brush Guards to keep my brushes in shape while they dry. You can purchase them online @ www.thebrushguard.com. They are really inexpensive and a great brand so def check it out.

Below is Michelle Phan's Video on Brush Cleaning. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment