Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Drugstore foundation experiment

Im going to be perfectly honest here..I am quite a snob when it comes to drugstore products. My mother is 68 yrs old and you would NEVER believe her if you saw her. Trust me when I tell you she would never let me buy Wet N Wild when I was younger. I used L'oreal and Revlon until I was about 16/17 then I started messing with Clinique and Lancome then I discovered MAC and all the other brands when I turned 18.

My mom always said to me "Don't put anything cheap on your face..Spend a bit more money and get a quality product. Always take care of your skin..you do not want to be 45 and look 60." Truer words have never been spoken says I who has yet to nail down a skin routine.

Anyways nowadays my foundations of choice are Makeup Forever HD / Face & Body and MAC Tinted Moisturizer or whatever other one. For concealer I use MAC as well.

Since getting back into my whole makeup thing I have decided to venture out and try some drugstore foundations. Obviously the quality of every brand has greatly improved from 15 yrs ago and I feel confident there will be at least one winner.

That being said here is what I picked out to try first.
I have heard great things about both products. On Makeup Alley Tru Match got a 70% score and the Maybelline concealer had a 65% score. So I hope these work at least for an everyday kind of look and I can save my higher end ones for special occasions. Just picked up the Chanel Mat Lumiere in the right color as well. I will report back next week and let you guys know the results.

oh and a picture of my beautiful mom and myself =)

Wish me luck! 

On another note much love to my girl Monica for assisting in grabbing these babies
Its Zulu and Midnight Express from the NARS Vintage Nail Polish Collection! So
happy to have them.
 I am out.
 
Stay fly

1 comment:

FaceFab said...

How did you find the mineral power concealer?

Post a Comment